Sunday, January 30, 2005

Finished 9th

Had my big, annual tournament last night. This will be a short post because still feeling the effects of the hangover and long day. About 30 people showed up. An old roommate of mine won the thing and took home $840 for the 7 1/2 hours of work. I was one spot off the final table. My goal was to make back-to-back final tables, but one short isn't too bad. I didn't play bad at all. I was stealing blinds when I needed to steal them and played well when I had cards to work with. Unfortunately, they just came too few and far between. Eventually I was blinded off. Went all-in in the dark on my final hand. Never looked, caught two pair, but lost to a higher two pair.

Great night overall. Everyone enjoyed themselves and I'm sure this time next year I will be talking about the 3rd CSOP.

No comments: