Tuesday, March 01, 2005

You Poker Bloggers Will Rule the World

The only difference between a winner and a loser is character.
—Nick Dandolos

Boy, you poker bloggers are taking over the world. You are meeting people, working for some of the best poker people in the world, and writing books about poker now. Congrats to Iggy and Hank for their hard work on the book. I will certainly be ordering their How to Guide for Poker Tracker. Personally, I think you should have just stolen the title and made it: Poker Tracker for Dummies. I know from my experience, I haven’t used Poker Tracker to its fullest. I just wasn’t able to grasp all that it could do for me and therefore, I must admit, I have been playing without the aid of Poker Tracker for quite some time. Thanks for the help fellas. I will let you know how it helps. Look for the money by the end of the week.

Since I’m at my new job, I don’t want to jump around to the different poker blog sites and see who has posted new information. I too, just like Mene Gene recently, have started to use Bloglines. How I am so slow to some of this stuff is absolutely amazing. It is great. And, speaking of Mene Gene, I apologize for never truly realizing how hilarious he is. It wasn’t until one day before lunch; I printed out the 15 pages of new posts I had to look at from his site, and laughed my ass off the whole time (especially this story). There were really only like five sites out there that I read with any regularity and Mene Gene has now made that list.

My regular home game is meeting up tonight. I’m really hoping to break my streak of bubbleness in these games. I haven’t cashed in these games in six months. Makes no sense to me, but for some reason, I do not bring my “A” game.

I’m preparing for my Vegas Vacation in May. Sorry I won’t be able to make it to Vegas for the 2nd Poker Blogger Tour event. Sounds like a great time, but unfortunately, I cannot afford to take paid days off. I am hoping to increase my bankroll significantly to fund my bankroll for Vegas. If I can finally get serious about my play and play at least 3 to 4 nights a week, I think I will have a decent bankroll for Vegas. Right now, I am merely a once a week kind of player. I thought this laptop thing would make me want to play more, since I could play anywhere I want, but alas it does not.

I will have another post, either tomorrow night or over the weekend about some new involvement I am having with city politics. If you have read me in the past, you know live in one of the more racially turbulent cities in America – Cincinnati. I used to work for the city and before, didn’t want to jeopardize my employment and speak ill of the how much City Council was doing wrong. Look for more in the near future.

No comments: