Thursday, January 29, 2004

One last prep game....

Last night, some friends and I wanted to play one more prep game before Saturday. Have to make sure the cards are falling my way!

My only real problem about last night, besides losing, was since it was a small group, we allowed people to buy back in. I am fundamentally opposed to allow people to buy back in. Now, the person who eventually took me out, wouldn't have been in the game because I took him earlier. Funny little irony, huh?

At this point in the game, I was the small stack at the table and needed to make a move if I was going to do anything. I was to the right of the button and everyone limped in and called the blinds. I decided to move all in with my whopping $10. As you may guess, this wasn't a large amount of money we were playing with. Well, everyone but the big blind folds and he calls me. I had wired 8's --- not a great hand, but like I said, I needed to make a move. He calls me with KQo. The flop comes 4-7-10o.....fourth street comes 5s.....river card----yep, he caught a Q on the river. So right there I lost at $27 pot and went out of the game. The only solace for me was eventually watching the guy who took me out eventually get run too.

Overall, I was happy with my play, but I should have played a little looser last night. Some of the hands that were being played were ridiculous. Oh well, that is why Saturday should be a good time.

No comments: