Saturday, March 06, 2004

Certainly Ranting

Who seriously would have thunk that Martha Stewart would have been convicted on all four counts or convicted period. I thought she would get off easily with a jury of that many women. Personally, I am glad that she was convicted and
seriously hope she spends the 20 years behind bars. People who profit from insider trading should have to face the penalties for that too. I don’t give a rat’s ass that she is Martha Stewart…she did something wrong and must pay the
consequences. Anyways, I think this will be a funny skit on Saturday Night Live tonight.

--------------------

There are a lot of great poker sites out there and many great poker blogs too. I know I have promised to update my links to the left for a while, but I truly hope to do so this weekend. I would love to update this thing more often, but
after spending all day on a computer at work, the last thing I want to look at at night is this computer. I am also realizing that I don’t have that much poker content to talk about because I do not play online yet and my live games are once every couple weeks. Speaking of those live games, for some reason I have been less successful the past couple weeks playing. I’m not sure if it is my style has been figured out or if I am playing on tilt from the start? I’m confused. Either way, I have to get back to what I was doing when I was playing well. I need to go back to the books and study up some more. I know the best way to learn is to truly look at what I am playing.

--------------------

I am currently betting on betmaker.com and trying to build up my account enough that I will take some of that money and start my Party Poker account. I have been reading too many posts and talking to too many people who are making a nice
profit on Party. I’m sure I need to spend some time just watching and getting a feel for the tables. When I do open that account, I will quickly download Poker Tracker too.

If anybody thinks they have some great bets out there that will make some cash, don’t hesitate to let me know and get me on Party Poker sooner. I like to make money and the only way to do it is to spend money. My main game is College
Basketball right now. So far the last several games I have bet, I have pulled it off. I took Georgia Tech at Duke, took the gift that was one point with Kentucky at South Carolina, and last night with DePaul vs. Cincinnati. Only bet I have lost lately was the Northwestern vs. Iowa game…one point spread, could have went either way, and I took the wrong way. I thought Iowa would pull it off (I was to influenced by their first game of the season against Louisville) and Northwestern covered the spread. Oh well.

--------------------

Taking this from the Monday Morning Quarterback – Peter King
10 Things I Think I Think
1. Peyton Manning’s contract with the Colts was huge. I was excited to see Peyton stay with the Colts and predict a Super Bowl appearance this year. Peyton will put an end to all the doubts with yet another stellar season.
2. Terrell Owens will not be a problem for the Baltimore Ravens. With Ray Lewis in the locker room, T.O. will keep his mouth shut and do what he is supposed to do. It will be interesting to watch how Boller and T.O. get along.
3. Battle of the Unbeaten: St. Joe’s has a better chance of winning the National Title than Stanford. Stanford has pulled out a couple lucky wins this year and are a great TEAM oriented team. St. Joe’s has the best backcourt in the nation, are too tough to stop.
4. I do not think either St. Joe’s or Stanford will win the National Title.
5. I was glad to see the Philadelphia Eagles make a move in the offseason by signing The Freak. Memo to the Eagles: Where is the Wide Receivers you need so desperately? I know you wanted to try for T.O., but he would not have been the answer on that team. Keep working and sign a WR!
6. Grant Hill – why are you still around? Give it up already. You were a great player, but injuries have taken a toll on you. You have made more money than any person in history of professional sports without ever having to play. For
the sake of the Orlando Magic, restructure your contract and retire. Let them loose of the millions you are still owed and retiring gracefully and do nothing.
7. Steroid testing in baseball must happen. I haven’t been a big baseball fan in years…not since the last strike. I will follow through the year, but not pay that great attention until something is done to fix the game. I hate the
Yankees for what they continue to do. I hate the Reds for what they continue to not do (spend some frickin’ money Linder!). Ultimately, I can’t stand that the owners will never stand up to the Players Association.
8. NFL Draft: San Diego, you must select Eli Manning with the number one pick. Think about it…has a Manning not succeeded in the NFL? No. The kid was born to become a NFL quarterback. Face it…Drew Brees is not the answer and Doug Flutie is old. Start planning now. Can you imagine Eli handing the ball off to Lad Tomlinson? Throwing to D. Boston (the real Freak of the NFL)? Simply by picking Eli, you are only a matter of seasons from the playoffs.
9. I hate Maurice Clarett and what he has now done to College Football. I sincerely hope College Football doesn’t become College Basketball with kids playing for one year and then leaving. I do believe that the NFL will monitor this well enough and not allow the league to suffer. If the NFL becomes the laughingstock that is the NBA, I will be severely depressed.
10. Season 2 of the World Poker Tour will be another hit. I think the fad will fade before a Season 3, but I hope I am wrong.

--------------------

Again, sorry for the long post. I have to go and later today I will update links and post what I think about some of the games today.

No comments: