Thursday, May 13, 2004

Makes Me Hate Poker

Nights like tonight make me despise playing poker. Eleven of us for the night...I finished sixth and it is only because I mucked and mucked and mucked until I couldn't muck any longer. I'm not blaming tonight on the cards...I try to never blame the cards because I know it isn't the cards. I can play anything I want, but for some reason tonight I was too timid. Tonight, my seat assignment sucked. I was playing in front of the one guy I hate to be seated to the right of. I hate betting into him because no matter what he has he will try to buy the pot and go over me. So not having the best starting hands to begin with, makes it that much harder to go back over the top. At some point I am going to have to become a more aggressive player. I am playing too tight with this group of guys and I need to try something new.

I need to go back and reread some of my books and take better notes about my play. I know I promised to give an analysis of tonight's game, but honestly, there isn't any reason too. I didn't play that many pots and if I won a pot, I didn't get any action.

Oh well, back to the drawing board.

No comments: