Tuesday, June 01, 2004

Beautiful Funeral

This past Friday/Saturday, my in-laws laid rest to Grandma. She was an absolute angel of a person and she will truly be missed. My wife is rather devastated right now, as this was a shock to us all, and I'm not doing a whole lot better myself.

It was wonderful to see how many friends Grandma had. The visitation lasted over four hours and hundreds of people paid their respects. Truly amazing. The funeral was beautiful. St. Patrick's Church in Julie's hometown is a wonderful place. It was the way Grandma wanted things and I am happy that I was a part of it all.

I am hoping to have a much better June. April & May were rather brutal when it came to family situations. I've heard of the old saying, "Bad Things Come in Threes" and this was my third. Keep the fingers crossed for the rest of the year. For any of you who have read this, thanks for any thoughts and prayers you may have said for my families.

No comments: