Tuesday, June 15, 2004

Hoping He Shoots Under 80

My man David Duval is going to try to make a comeback. Out of action for seven months and is going to take on the U.S. Open...the toughest major in all of golf. Shinnecock Hills is a brutal course. I hope he keeps his head up and realizes he is just starting to make the long trip back.

I wish he would have been paired with Jim Furyk, who suffered from vertigo also and is making his return from wrist surgery, but Duval will be playing with Scott Hoch and Phillip Price when he tees off at 7:40 a.m. Thursday.

I loved this optimism from Duval:
"It is going to be hard. It's going to be windy. I'm looking forward to having fun," Duval said. "There is 156 players there, and I guarantee I'll be having the most fun."

I love the U.S. Open. It is great golf. I am putting my money on Phil Mickelson again. Now that the pressure is off, I think he will go out there and stick to business.

I'm setting my TiVo machine to capture all the great action.

No comments: