Friday, June 25, 2004

Simply Outdrawn

Quick post tonight about my home game. I played beautifully tonight, but only ended up in third. Simply a case of being outdrawn. I can't be mad about it because I was the huge favorite going in and I baited the guy perfectly. I was holding AQh in a three-handed game and was on the BB. Folded to me and I said, "Do you feel like playing?" Got the guy to call me with a Qs9d. I was loving my lead at that point. Flop comes out 47Qd...obviously I was not thrilled with that flop. Fourth street gives me the As and finally the river comes 5d. Nothing I could do about that. Just unlucky on the flop. I had the cards and made the play I wanted, but it didn't work out the way I wanted it to. Oh well.

Other than that, there weren't too many exciting hands tonight. I decided to play the crazy nights, like Daniel Negraneu (if I misspelled that it is b/c I'm drunk right now) talks about playing once in a while. The guys I play with know me pretty well, so I needed to mix it up tonight. I did that and made it into the money (no longer a bubble guy) for the first time in a long time. Tomorrow night I will probably play a little Party Poker and try to make a little money.

I will give some thoughts on the NBA Draft (that did happen tonight right?) sometime tomorrow.

No comments: